Monday, January 28, 2013

Book Chick City's Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Reading Challenge 2013



I have been wanting to write about my thoughts on the different ebooks I have been reading since I got my Kindle. Although I have written about it in some of my articles, I have not blogged about it and I decided to start anew rather than put it on my personal blog, which was mostly about parenting.

Then I came across this challenge hosted by Book Chic City, and said to myself, why not start with a bang? Since I became addicted to UF/PNR books ever since I first read one of the Dresden books by Jim Butcher 2 years ago,  I have decided to join this reading challenge.  

SIGN-UP DETAILS
To sign up you MUST make a post on your blog about participating in the challenge. Please feel free to use the banner above in your post or on your sidebar, however, a link back to this post via the image, so others can join the challenge if they wish, would be much appreciated.

CHALLENGE DETAILS

  • Timeline: 01 Jan 2013 – 31 Dec 2013
  • Rules: There are FOUR (4) LEVELS to choose from
  1.         One Howl: Read 12 UF/PNR books in 2013
  2.         Two Howls: Read 24 UF/PNR books in 2013
  3.         Three Howls: Read 36 UF/PNR books in 2013
  4.         Four Howls: Read 48 UF/PNR books in 2013
  • You don’t have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
  • You can join at anytime. All books read in 2013 count towards the challenge regardless of when you sign up.
  • At the beginning of Jan 2013, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews.
  • Audiobooks are accepted.
  • This challenge can crossover to other challenges.
  • You DO NOT have to write reviews of the books you read, but if you decide to then there will be a place each month for you to link up your reviews.
  • You don’t have to have a blog to join in – for those without a blog but who use Goodreads, Amazon, LibraryThing etc, you can add the URL to where you track your books.

I am aiming for Three Howls meaning read 36 UF/PNR books in 2013. I know I can read more than that but I doubt if I can also do a review about it, which is what this blog is for. I would have to say though that some of the books I will be reading and doing a review on would be old ones, especially for UF experts. I have been reading spy novels, political thrillers, and mystery books. I just got to know Kate Daniels & Curran a year ago and I know I need to get to know the different kick-ass characters from the different UF/PNR authors.


  1. Halfway to the Grave - Book 1, Night Huntress Series - Jeaniene Frost
  2. One Foot in the Grave - Book 2, Night Huntress Series - Jeaniene Frost
  3. At Grave's End - Book 3, Night Huntress Series - Jeaniene Frost
  4. Destined for an Early Grave - Book 4, Night Huntress Series - Jeaniene Frost
  5. This Side of the Grave - Book 5, Night Huntress Series - Jeaniene Frost
  6. Once Burned - Book 1, Night Prince Series - Jeaniene Frost
  7. Obsidian - Lux Novel Book 1 - Jennifer Armintrout
  8. Onyx - Lux Novel Book 2 - Jennifer Armintrout
  9. Some Girls Bite - Chicagoland Vampires, Book 1 - Chloe Neill
  10. Friday Night Bites - Chicagoland Vampires, Book 2 - Chloe Neill
  11. Twice Bitten, Chicagoland Vampires, Book 3 - Chloe Neill
  12. Hard Bitten, Chicagoland Vampires, Book 4 - Chloe Neill
  13. Drink Deep, Chicagoland Vampires, Book 5 - Chloe Neill
  14. Biting Cold, Chicagoland Vampires, Book 6 - Chloe Neill
  15. Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi, #1) - Eileen Wilks
  16. Mortal Danger (World of the Lupi, #2) - Eileen Wilks
  17. Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) - Kalayna Price
  18. Grave Dance  (Alex Craft, #2) - Kalayna Price
  19. Bodyguard (Shifters Unbound, #2.5) - Jennifer Ashley
  20. Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) - Jennifer Ashley
  21. Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) - Jennifer Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Such fun. I'm also doing a paranormal challenge this year.

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natali,

      Thanks for dropping by my blog. As you can see, I'm just starting this. Thanks for the follow. Will be taking a look at ur pnr challenge, and maybe join.

      New follower :)

      Delete
  2. I don't need to give myself anymore challenges this year, but this one might be hard to resist. I love PNR and UF, so it will probably be easy for me. Hmm...We will see. I am now a new follower of your blog. Please check out my blog and give me a follow back. Sychofaeriesbookobsession.blogspot.com thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sycho,

      Dropped by your blog and did a follow back. Yup, hard to resist this challenge, so I hope you join us. Added u on G+.

      Delete